Hall & Thompson acts for some of Victoria’s leading childcare providers and has extensive experience providing legal services for sales and acquisitions in the childcare industry.
The childcare industry is heavily regulated by the Victorian Government and purchasing or selling a childcare business can be a complicated and lengthy process. It is important to instruct experienced legal advisers who can help you navigate this potential minefield.
Hall & Thompson can help guide you through childcare business transactions by offering the following services:
• General advice on letters of offer, expressions of interest and entering into Heads of Agreement
• Negotiating on your behalf with the other party’s lawyer
• Advice on Contract of Sale
• Advice on Lease and Disclosure Statement
• Liaising with the Department of Education and Training in relation to transfer of licence, childcare subsidy etc.
• Liaising with the Local Authority in relation to planning approval, transfer of Food Permit etc.
• Liaising with your financier and selling agent
• Conducting legal due diligence on the Freehold land and business
• Attending to settlement of the transaction